UnDiet_729x90

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My version of Salmon Tartare





Salmon Tartare

This is one of Perry's favourite snacks.  I enjoy it too, but he just loves it.  I don't measure ingredients, so it's never quite the same as the last time I made it.  This is the one I made a couple of nights ago.  Here's what I did...

Finely chop a few green onions and put into a bowl.  Add something spicy (this time I used Frank's Red Hot with chili and lime), some freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of Celtic sea salt, a little fresh lime juice (maybe half a lime for a 12 oz fillet of salmon) and a couple of teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.



Add some chopped capers.  I think I used about 3 generous tablespoons.  Also, I add a splash or two of the caper liquid.




Chop a fillet of salmon into fairly small dice.  I used about 12oz of salmon this time.  Add salmon to the bowl and mix well.




Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve.  It can be served immediately, but I find the flavours meld nicely if it's left to sit in the fridge for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean