UnDiet_729x90

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yummy-tinis!!!



This is a recipe I found in "Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with more recipes from Pure Food and Wine" by Sarma Melngailis.  I changed it slightly as I had 2 prickly pears and 1 pomegranate, so I ended up with about 1 cup of prickly pear juice (after straining) and about 1 cup of pomegranate juice (after straining).  I used soju instead of sake because that's what I had in my fridge.  I also cut down on the sweetener and used raw honey instead of agave nectar  (I found it was already a bit sweet so it only needed about half of what was called for).  These 'tinis' were absolutely delicious!  I will definitely make them again!

The prickly pear juice after straining



The pomegranate juice in the blender before straining

Basically, you take some freshly squeezed pomegranate juice, some freshly squeezed prickly pear juice, some raw honey, some freshly squeezed lemon juice and some sake (although I used soju) and shake it all together with ice in a cocktail shaker.  Strain into a martini glass and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean