UnDiet_729x90

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Mint Chocolate Chip Biscotti



There's a lady in Perry's office who just loves biscotti.  Two or three times a year I bake up a batch for her.  I like to try a different kind each time, so when I decided it was about time to make some more I thought I'd try a new flavour combination.  I used a chocolate chip biscotti recipe, but I used mint flavoured chocolate chips and I also threw in some fresh mint from our garden.  They turned out pretty well, but I think they could have used a touch more salt to contrast with the sweetness.  Otherwise, I'd make them exactly the same way next time.
Here's how I did it...


Mint Chocolate Chip Biscotti

1 cup white or brown sugar
1/2 stick (1/4 cup, 4 tablespoons) of butter, softened
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1 cup mint chocolate chips

Preheat  oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the sugar and butter together in a stand-up mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue to beat for a few more minutes.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, mint leaves and salt and add to the mixer. Combine well then stir in the chocolate chips.
Shape the dough into a log, approximately 15 inches long and 4 inches wide. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet flatten slightly and bake for 30 minutes.







Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes. 


Biscotti Cooked but not yet sliced


On a cutting board, slice diagonally into 1/2-inch slices and return to the baking sheet. Bake for about fifteen more minutes. 
Turn over and bake for about 5 more minutes.


Done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean