UnDiet_729x90

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Grapefruit and Pomegranate Salsa

 

On Sunday Perry and I decided we'd like some sort of fish for dinner.  We were thinking we'd like salmon but when we got to our favourite Asian market (they have the freshest fish and a wonderful selection) we saw a couple of pieces of eel for just over $2!  We did buy a salmon fillet, but decided to buy the eel to go along with it.  I had some mashed potatoes with kale (Per's Mom used to make them like that) leftover from the night before, so all I needed was a little something else to go with it.  I decided a fresh fruit salsa would do nicely.  So here's what I did...

 
 
I chopped about half of a small red onion

 
Picked out two lovely Thai bird chilies

 
Sliced them and added them to the onion in a medium-sized bowl

 
Tore off some fresh cilantro

 
Chopped the cilantro and added it to the bowl

 
Chopped up a California cocktail grapefruit

 
Added the grapefruit to the other ingredients


 
I love these pomegranate seeds from Costco

 
Added the pomegranate seeds to the bowl

 
Seasoned with Celtic sea salt and mixed it all together

 
Served the salsa in a bowl alongside the salmon, eel and potato/kale mixture
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean