UnDiet_729x90

Monday, March 29, 2010

Cookies that taste good and are actually good for you! 



I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but in the evening I tend to want something sweet and usually go for some chocolate with 70% cocoa.  I enjoy it, but sometimes I'd like something else without resorting to something that's full of sugar and unhealthy fats.
Today I decided that I was going to invent a cookie that is tasty, sweet and still good for me.  So here's what I did...

 I mixed together 1/2 cup raw almond butter and 1/2 cup raw honey

 I added 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats

I added 1/2 cup raw organic sunflower seeds

And 1 tsp. Celtic sea salt

 Then I added 1/4 cup raw organic cacao nibs

 And two tablespoons of raw chia seeds

 I mixed it all together and used my 1 tablespoon cookie scooper to dollop them onto a parchment-lined cookie tray

 I baked them at 350F for 16 mins., rotating the cookie trays halfway

*Update!!* 

I remade these cookies yesterday with a couple of changes and they're soooo good!  I melted a 100g 70% cocoa chocolate bar with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mixed it into the batter.  


I also used a mixture of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and slivered almonds instead of all sunflower seeds.  


 YUM!
 

3 comments:

  1. These cookies look so good:) I saw them on Meghan's blog and I had to see the recipe. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. These the best tasting cookies that I have ever tasted. The combination of cocoa nibs and chia seeds and everything else is just delicious. Thanks Deborah for finding such a tasty healthy cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Teresa and Melissa for the kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean