UnDiet_729x90

Monday, March 01, 2010

My Favourite Hummus

 

 This is my favourite way to make hummus.  I don't have a recipe as such, but I can give the basic guidelines.  This isn't a traditional hummus by any means, but it's incredibly tasty and you can make it as spicy or mild as you like.  I throw everything into my food processor and just blend until it's well mixed.  Easy peasy!!! 
P.S. I forgot to take a pic. with the chickpeas added to the blender.  I add one can, drained.



Some sundried tomatoes plus a good glug of the oil in which they're kept.  Also, some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.



A nice big dollop of tahini and a couple of healthy dollops of pesto.


A few cloves of garlic and the juice of about half a lemon.


I also throw in one or two chipotles in adobo but I'm not sure they can be seen here.



Add the chickpeas and blend it all together and serve with crudités or crackers or pitas!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean