UnDiet_729x90

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Coconut Superfood Cookies


This is yet another recipe from Meghan Telpner and it's another winner!  I didn't make many changes to Meghan's recipe.
The only things I did differently were to add a little Celtic sea salt for that sweet/salty contrast and some chia seeds just for the heck of it.  
These cookies are crispy and sweet and oh so yummy!
Here's what I did...

Put some unsweetened coconut in the food processor
 Added some coconut oil

Sesame seeds
 Some freshly ground flax seeds

I was soooo excited when I found this coconut palm sugar :-)

I added 2 tablespoons of the coconut palm sugar

Mixed it all up in the food processor, adding 1 tablespoon of water after a few minutes just to help it come together

Added some chopped goji berries as I didn't have any golden berries

And some raw cacao nibs

A little Celtic sea salt

Finally some chia seeds

Dumped it all onto some parchment and then covered it with another sheet of parchment

Rolled it out and then removed the top layer of parchment

Scored into cookie-sized pieces

And baked for about 17 minutes at 350F.  I'm sure I rolled mine way too thinly as they were already getting brown on the outside after 17 minutes.  Next time I will either leave them thicker or will bake them at a slightly lower temperature.  Regardless, they're delicious!!


**UPDATE**

I made these cookies again today, with the following changes...

  I added the zest of an orangeI also baked them at 325F instead of 350F.  I baked them for 30 minutes, which was too long as they were still a little overdone. Next time I'll stick with 325F but only leave them in for 25 minutes.  They're still really delicious though and I love the flavour the orange zest added.
p.s.  I forgot to point out that the last time I made these I did the entire procedure in the food processor (rather than completing the final mixing in a bowl).

(phone pic., so not the best quality)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean