UnDiet_729x90

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Raw Chocolate Treats


I've been wanting to make Meghan Telpner's Raw Chocolate Brittle recipe for a while now, but had been unable to find the raw cacao powder.  I finally located it at WholeFoods on Saturday and was so excited to get a batch of this made yesterday.  Oh yum, it is absolutely delicious!!  It has a flavour similar to raw chocolate cookies I used to make when we were in our 'raw' phase, but these are so much better because of all the nuts and seeds in them.
Here's what I did...

I gathered together some superfoods

Lightly warmed coconut oil and added it to raw honey with bee pollen and the raw cacao powder.  I also added 1/2 teaspoon of Celtic sea salt and I like the salty/sweet combination

I was about to reach for a bottle of vanilla when I remembered I had some fresh vanilla pods

I split one in half and scraped out all those lovely little tasty vanilla seeds

I mixed the vanilla seeds, into the mixture and added raw cacao nibs and raw almonds


Added some unsweetened coconut

Raw pumpkin seeds

And some raw chia seeds

Mixed it all together and spread it on a parchment-lined cookie sheet

I made sure I got all of that chocolaty goodness out of the bowl :-)

Popped it into the freezer for 15 minutes to harden

Then broke it into bite-sized pieces



***Update***

I made these again (they didn't last long) but this time instead of using dried coconut, I sliced up some fresh coconut and added it.  I also used chopped almonds instead of whole. Both changes were for the better, so I'll continue to make it that way from now on!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean