UnDiet_729x90

Tuesday, October 12, 2010


Quick, Easy and Delicious Oat Spice Cookies
I made these yesterday and they literally took 25 minutes.  I decided I wanted to make a crispy cookie without flour and with some superfoods.  I've been using coconut palm sugar for a little while now and decided to try using it as the only sweetener in these cookies.  It turned out tasting pretty much like I'd used brown sugar.  Here's what I did...

To a mixing bowl, I added 1/4 cup gently melted virgin coconut oil, 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar, 1/3 teaspoon Celtic sea salt and one egg
 Added 2 cups rolled oats

2 tablespoons chia seeds, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ginger

Mixed all these ingredients together
Dolloped on parchment-lined cookie sheets and baked for 15 mins. at 350F

 Let them sit on the cookie sheets for a couple of minutes and then removed to cooling trays






Deb's Oatmeal Spice Cookies
1 egg
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (lightly warmed to melt)
1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
2 cups Rolled oats
1/3 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons Chia seeds
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix together all ingredients.  Drop heaping tablespoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool on tray for a few minutes before removing to cooling rack.  Once cool, store in an airtight container.




UPDATE
 
I just made another batch of these cookies with some modifications.  A couple of weeks ago, my Sister told me her friend had bought her a box of mint chocolate Girl Guide cookies and I've been craving them ever since.  Since I don't eat that kind of junk food anymore, I decided to make a healthy version of mint chocolate cookies.  I used this recipe, omitting the ginger and cinnamon.  I added 1/4 cup raw cacao powder, 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs and 2 teaspoons of organic peppermint extract.  They're yummy and definitely hit the spot!! 
 
 Sorry about the lousy pic.  I took it with my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean