UnDiet_729x90

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fennel, Arugula and Orange Salad with Miso-Lime Dressing
I made this salad a couple of weeks ago and have been meaning to write about it.  It is quite similar to a salad I've been making for years, but that one doesn't have miso in the dressing and has pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top.  Had I had any pomegranate when I made this one, I definitely would have added them and will do the next time I make it.  Regardless, this is a 'keeper' and I plan to make it again soon.  The miso in the dressing adds a wonderful flavour.  I used this recipe.
  Unfortunately, I was unable to find blood oranges, but regular navel oranges worked just fine.
Here's what I did...
Put about 3 cups of arugula on each plate
 Using my mandolin, shaved fennel and red onion on top of the arugula
 Removed the peel and pith from a couple of oranges, sliced them and added to the plates

Used a microplane to finely grate ginger into a bowl 

Added miso, lime juice, Celtic sea salt, coconut nectar and Extra-Virgin olive oil.  Whisked this mixture together until smooth.

Topped salads with dressing and sprinkled with finely sliced mint and chopped cashews.  Yum! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean