UnDiet_729x90

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gluten-free Lemon Flax Cookies

  
These cookies are so delicious!  I found
this recipe last week and thought it sounded wonderful.  My Mum has decided to try eating gluten-free for a while, so I figured I might as well start working on some recipes.

I'm a huge fan of citrus zest in cookies and I thought the addition of a little dried rosemary would make for an interesting combination.  It definitely works and the texture of the cookies is just right.
  
Here's what I did...

I gently melted 5 tbsp. coconut oil in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water.  Added 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
Then I added 2 tbsp. lemon zest and 1 tsp. lemon juice.  I noticed after I added the maple syrup (from the fridge) that the coconut oil started to solidify, so I very gently warmed it again and then mixed it all together.
I added 1/2 cup ground flax seed and 1 cup brown rice flour
 I mixed it all together then added a couple of pinches of dried rosemary (partially ground in my spice grinder) and 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
 I dolloped tablespoons of the mixture onto 2 parchment-lined cookie sheets and baked at 350F for about 22 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets after about 10 minutes.
 Removed from the oven and left on the cookie sheets for about 2 minutes and then placed on a cooking rack.  Yum, yum!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean