UnDiet_729x90

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Protein Breakfast Bars

 Perry mentioned to me lately that he has been feeling really hungry in the mornings.  He hates to get up extra early to eat breakfast before he leaves for work, so I thought I could make him some sort of 'energy' bar that has a good amount of protein in it.  I think this one fits the bill.  It has healthy fats (virgin coconut oil and almond butter), a little fruit (banana) and lots of seeds and other goodies.  I tasted one a little while ago and it's really delicious.


Here's what I did...


I peeled a banana and put it into a bowl

 Mashed it with a fork

 Added 1/2 cup raw honey and 1/2 cup organic almond butter

 Mixed it all together and added 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil (which is pretty liquid at this time of year)

 Meanwhile, I toasted 1/2 cup coconut flakes in a small pan

 Added 2 cups rolled oats and the coconut to the mixture

 Then I added 2 tbsp. chia seeds, 1 tbsp. brown flax seeds and 1 tbsp. golden flax seeds

 Then I added 1/4 cup hemp seeds, 2 tbsp. maca and 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt

 I added 1/2 cup 62% cocoa chocolate chips and 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

 Mixed it all together and then added 1 cup puffed quinoa

Gave it a final mix and pressed it all into a 13x9" glass baking pan.  Popped it into the freezer for a couple of hours
Cut it into bar shapes and wrapped and froze them individually.

Thank you to my dear friend Teresa for typing this recipe out for me :-)




Protein Breakfast Bars



Put in a bowl and mix:

banana mashed
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup organic almond butter
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut flakes toasted in a small pan
2 cups rolled oats
2 tbsp. chia seeds
1 tbsp. brown flax seeds
1 tbsp. golden flax seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
2 tbsp. maca
1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

Mix it all together and add 1 cup puffed quinoa.
Press it all into a 13 x 9" glass baking pan.  
Freeze for a couple of hours.
Cut it into bar shapes. Wrap and freeze them individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean