UnDiet_729x90

Monday, July 22, 2013

Gluten-free Ginger Oat Crisps


I have been a big fan of this blog for a few years now and was excited when I saw this recipe (clearly their photography isn't done with an iPhone lol).  I knew it would be a winner, so I decided to give it a try today.  I doubled the recipe because I wanted to share the cookies.  They took all of 5 minutes to put together, so this is definitely one of those recipes you can whip up at the last minute when you're craving a sweet treat.  The only change I made was to 'up' the amount of ginger and sub. cinnamon for the cloves (Perry is not a fan of cloves).  They are absolutely scrumptious.

Here's what I did...
 
 I mixed together  1/2 cup coconut oil and 6 tbsp. of maple syrup.


 Added 1/4 cup buckwheat flour (I ground the whole buckwheat in my Vitamix first)


 Added 1/4 cup coconut milk (from a can, shaken to mix the thick and thin milk)


 I mixed all that together then added 1 1/3 cups large flake oats


 And 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt, 1 tbsp. ground ginger and 2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Dolloed it onto 2 parchment-lined cookie sheets (made 24 dollops, so 12 per sheet)


 Then flattened them out with my hand


 Baked them at 350F for 16 minutes, rotating the trays after 8 minutes.  Then left them on the trays for 5 minutes before removing to a wire cooling tray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean