UnDiet_729x90

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gluten-Free 'White Chocolate' Strawberry Muffins



I happened upon this recipe yesterday and knew right away that I wanted to try it.  The first thing that drew me to it was that it called for fresh strawberries and I had just bought some.  Secondly, it called for raw cacao butter in place of white chocolate and how could that not be delicious?  I made these muffins today with only minor changes, which I'll note below.

Here's what I did...

 I melted (on very low heat) 1/4 cup raw cacao butter and 1/4 cup coconut oil


 This is what the raw cacao butter looks like


 Meanwhile, I put a fairly ripe banana in my stand mixer


 And mixed until it was well-mashed


 Then I added 1/4 cup coconut nectar

This is the coconut nectar


 And I mixed this with the banana.  Then added in the melted butters.


 Then I added 2 organic eggs and beat it again


Then I added 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 2/3 tsp. Celtic sea salt and 1 tsp. baking soda and mixed it again


 Lastly, I mixed in 1 cup of small-diced fresh strawberries.

I dolloped it into muffin liners (13 of them) and baked at 350 for 28 minutes.




 So delicious!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you left out the part where you add the melted butters back into the main of it. :-) This is looks great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right PJ. Thanks for pointing that out! I've fixed it :)

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean